We all love coffee, and we all love pancakes. Why have one or the other when you can have both at the same time.
Celebrate Pancake day in style with this easy recipe.
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (or scant 1 cup nonfat milk with ½ to 1 Tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the buttermilk, egg, instant coffee, and cooled, melted butter.
- Using a spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine.
- Preheat electric griddle or large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, ladle ~1/4 cup batter onto the hot surface and spread to a 5-inch diameter. After 2-3 minutes, bubbles will form on the top of the batter; flip the pancake and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter and serve hot.