This year Pancake Day & Peanut Butter Lovers Day coincide – ENJOY! Try the easy 4 step recipe below.
- 250g crunchy peanut butter
- 50g unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra for cooking
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 350ml milk
- sunflower oil, for cooking
4 Easy Steps
- Heat the peanut butter, butter and 4 tbsp maple syrup in the microwave for 2 mins, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl with a small pinch of salt. Add eggs and whisk until smooth. Add the milk and ¾ of the peanut butter mixture, and whisk to combine.
Heat a splash of sunflower oil and a small knob of butter in a non-stick frying pan until foaming. Add 2 tbsp of batter to make small pancakes, making sure there’s space between each. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook on the other side. Keep warm in a low oven whilst you make the next batch.
- Serve the pancakes with the remaining peanut butter sauce & maple syrup. (Reheat the sauce if necessary.)